Description: Land Rig
Drawworks: Hydraulically driven
Maximum Hook load: 200 tons
Mud Pump HP: 2 x1600HP
Top Drive: Drillmec HTD – 200 tons
Production Year: 2007
The HH220 FA “LEONARDO” is an innovative drilling rig, highly automated with a low environmental impact.
This type of rig represents one of the most recent technological achievements in the oil & gas industry.
Thanks to its design and technical features it is, in fact, an integrated system which allows a significant reduction of drilling costs, a reduced environmental impact, given its minimal footprint, and the reduction of waste and acoustic pollution.
In addition, thanks to the performance of the top drive, the sensors and the high automation, this rig features high safety standards:
- The driller has, at any point in time, full control of the operations from its driller cabin;
- The highly automated system includes the pipe handling system, the power tong, the torque wrench, and the automatic slips;
- The mud system and the drilling parameters are easily controlled by a single operator through an electronic system;
- The automatic system for handling the pipes and the drilling activities are controlled through plc, thus avoiding any interference with other staff working on the rig floor. The drilling parameters are controlled during all phases, through hydraulic systems which allow the driller to set up constant WOB and ROP;
- The use of highly automated equipment reduces the risk of accidents and contains significantly the environmental impact;
- The reduction of noise generated is a determining positive aspect when operations are run in the vicinity of populated or protected areas.
The HH rig (with hydraulic technology), thanks to the abovementioned features can also reduce costs by up to 35%.